Schenna is situated in the beautiful Meraner Land of South Tyrol and can be reached all year round by public transport, car, train or plane. Please check out our inter-active maps to trails, routes and how to reach us. In addition, you can find information about public transport in and around Schenna.
How to reach us by car
- Via the motorway Munich (304 km away) - Innsbruck (157 km away) – Brenner Pass to Bozen (motorway exit Bozen Sud) – dual-carriage way Bozen-Meran (exit Meran Sud) – via country road, just before you come to Meran, turn right in the direction of Schenna.
- Via the motorway Munich - Innsbruck – Brenner Pass to Sterzing, via Jaufen Pass (2,007 metres) through the Passeier Valley to Meran; just before you come to Meran, turn left in the direction of Schenna.
- Via Fussen - Reutte – through the Otz Valley, via the Timmelsjoch Pass (2,483 metres, closed in winter) into the Passeier Valley to Meran. Just before you come to Meran, turn left in the direction of Schenna.
- Via Landeck – Reschen Pass (1,504 metres - 82 km away) through the Vinschgau Valley to exit Meran Sud – via country road, just before you come to Meran, turn right in the direction of Schenna.
- Via Lienz (East Tyrol) through the Puster Valley to Bruneck. From there to Brixen (motorway exit) – motorway to Bozen Sud (exit) and then to Meran. Just before you come to Meran, turn right in the direction of Schenna.
- Via Davos (CH) – Fluela Pass (2,389 metres) – Ofen Pass (2,155 metres) - Santa Maria - Taufers – through the Vinschgau Valley to Meran (135 km).
- Via Landquart - Davos (CH) – Fluela Pass (2,389 metres) – Ofen Pass (2,155 metres) - Santa Maria - Taufers i. M. – through the Vinschgau Valley to Meran (135 km).
- Or via Landquart - Klosters – Vereina tunnel (car train every 30 minutes / trip time: 18 minutes / further information www.rhb.ch ) - Scuol – Ofen Pass - Santa Maria - Taufers i. M. – with the Vinschger railway to Meran (further information: www.vinschgerbahn.it )
- Via Vaduz (FL) and St. Gallen (CH) - Arlberg (toll tunnel) - Landeck – Reschen Pass - Vinschgau Valley to Meran / exit Meran Sud – then follow signs to Schenna.
How to reach us by plane
Cologne/Bonn - Verona: 12.40 p.m. - 2.05 p.m.
Verona - Cologne/Bonn: 4.40 p.m. - 4.10 p.m. (transfer from Schenna: 10.30 a.m. from your hotel)
only 289,00 Euro (return flight incl. transfer to your hotel, taxes and fees)
Further information: Arrival to Schenna by plane
Arrival by train
Travel on either Wednesday or Saturday from Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dortmund or from wherever a comfortable ICE or EC departs to Munich. From there, you can catch a direct link to Schenna at the Central Bus Station (ZOB). Modern coaches will bring right to the doorstep of your hotel – without changing bus or long queues.
Further information: Arrival by train
Arrival by bus
Munich - Schenna
- Departure from Munich - ZOB – Central Bus Station (1 km from main train station) at 2 p.m.
- Connection from main train station to ZOB by S-Bahn Munich HBF tief – Hackerbrücke (name of station)
- Also boarding is possible in Klais near Garmisch Partenkirchen (on request)
- Arrival in Schenna, approx. 6.30 p.m.
Schenna – Munich
- Departure at Schenna (school parking lot) at 6.30 a.m.
- Arrival in Munich – ZOB Central Bus Station, approx. 10.45 a.m.
- Connection from ZOB to HBF by S-Bahn, Hackerbrücke – Munich HBF tief (name of station)